About Squash Australia
Squash Australia (SqA) is the National Organisation for Squash in Australia. The company was founded in 1934. SA is focused on the development of the game across Australia, in all its aspects. The organisation has a Federated structure and its members are the State Squash Associations.
Squash in Australia has a long and successful history, with many World, British and Commonwealth Games champions. The organisation took great pride in the success of Squash in the 2006, 2010 & 2014 Commonwealth Games both in terms of raising the profile of the sport and the outstanding performance of the Australian Team, with squash winning 17 medals.
Squash Australia will lead Squash’s growth and development by increasing access and awareness, supporting meaningful lifelong engagement in the sport, and encouraging sportsmanship while achieving competitive excellence at the highest levels.
Education We will help every child in Australia experience squash through the school curriculum. Our volunteers and staff will work alongside teachers to help children experience and enjoy squash.
Recreational We will promote squash as a key part of a healthy lifestyle that contributes to a positive work/life balance.
Sporting We will ensure that everyone with athletic talent reaches their full potential by providing the appropriate pathways, funding and coaching. We will also provide the competition opportunities and programmes to assist Australian players to compete with distinction on the world stage.
To be an innovative & highly respectable sports organisation, the most successful racquet sport in Australia by enabling Australian Players, Coaches and Officials of all ages, cultural background and skill level the opportunity to excel in squash & in life!
- Squash will be a thriving participant sport for all Australian
- Provide an excellent member experience
- Run world class events for all members
- Stop the decline of Squash courts, by making facilities attractive, enticing, professionally operated and financially sustainable
- Win medals that matter for Australia
- Squash personnel will be competent to deliver the sport through an underpinning professional development programme
- Squash Australia will have the network required to influence key decisions in its favour
- Squash will enhance its profile, through media and new technologies
- Squash will be well administered and focused on local delivery through a shared Australia wide vision
- Collaborative – Working together as one for the good of the sport.
- Innovative – Embrace change, be consumer focused and have a growth mindset.
- Inclusive – Include all of society.
- Respectful – To Listen, empathise, and be considerate of everyone.
- Excellence – To strive for the highest standards in everything we do.
Squash Australia publishes an annual report at the end of each calendar year providing full details on all aspects relating to the national body in the given year.
The Annual Report also provides information from all the state and territory associations relating to their activities throughout the past year.
The new Squash Australia logo was unveiled in 2021. It is simple, yet modern and distinctive. It’s built around the iconic outlines of the key pieces of equipment of the sport, such as the ball and the racket. The squash ball in the centre is surrounded by eight moving lines, each representing one of Australian states and territories and combining to make up an abstract shape of the country.